DIY Enclosures

My Enclosure

3D Printer Enclosure.

Blog post dated April 19, 2018.

This two door enclosure is two years old. I am pleased with practically all of the design decisions I made. One error I made was in designing the filter assembly. It was not until my recent round of research that I learned the carbon filter should be changed often and easily accessible compartments are needed for both filters.

I did not know until recently that the HEPA filter I used was unacceptable. Not because it was not a good HEPA filter, but because I ripped it while trying to remove it from its case, where it should have remained. I know now that the filter must remain potted in its case to be effective.

One other change needed for the enclosure was insulation around the doors. I will be using rubber window seal to correct this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s